Poll
Question: How has the VNS changed your depression?
Totally eleminated depression   - 2 (13.3%)
Reduced by more than 50% - 3 (20%)
Reduced between 50% and 75%   - 2 (13.3%)
Reduced between 25% and 50% - 2 (13.3%)
Reduced, but less than 25% - 1 (6.7%)
No reduction - 4 (26.7%)
More depressed now than I had before the implant - 1 (6.7%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Changes in Depression  (Read 6573 times)
Birdbomb
Head Cheese
Administrator

Head Cheese

« on: November 27, 2006, 12:06:42 PM »

How has the VNS changed your depression?

Howdy Dave did a poll just like this for our epilepsy members, so I think it's time we do the same for our members who suffer from depression.

This poll is no way scientific, just a general idea of those members who choose to respond.  We have a hugh membership of those who suffer depression, so if you would be so kind as to participate and let us know where you rate your results, it would be great.[/size]

"If you are going through hell, keep going." (Sir Winston Churchill, 1874-1965)
VNS implanted Sept 02, turned off Dec 04, Generator ex-planted Nov 07
Electrodes are in me for LIFE!
labrat
Global Moderators

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 09:00:31 AM »

Thank you for thinking of us Donna :)  :balloon:
Labrat

Bonnie

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 10:36:59 AM »

I think the VNS has been a Godsend for me.  Both my husband & son said I seemed better, especially over the winter season.  This is usually a pretty negative time for me, with the time change etc.  

When I was on .5Hertz, depression hit me hard in 3 days.  I was miserable, anxious and felt so miserable I saw my medicine lady.  And you know what that means; more drugs to take.  I didn't realize how much better I was until this happened.  I feel an edge on things, that I didn't feel before the VNS or the medicines.  My head feels more together, although I still have a hot temper; as you well know.  I do obsess on certain things, and tend to hold grudges on certain people.

I mean I was spending time in bed in the darkness crying before I had the VNS put in.  I have not done that for awhile now; except when I was on a low voltage setting.  I hope that insurance companies will start to accept this as treatment for depression sooner than 20 years going by; being miserable   :So Sad: .  

I am very grateful I could get this put in.  I am just tired of fighting for what I need all of the time.  Now I worry about my VNS going dead on me, and that I'll have to fight again for another VNS.  I am so tired of fighting all the time for what I need.

Sincerely,
Bonnie
labrat
Global Moderators

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 12:35:44 PM »

Battery replacement is done automaticly when needed, no questions asked. It is done outpatient and most outpatient surgeries don't need a precert.

I've had my battery replaced twice with no problem.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 12:36:16 PM by labrat » Logged

Bonnie

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 03:50:07 AM »

If Aetna insurance company provides anything with out a war, I'll be surprised.  I went through with them for a year before they said Uncle about doing the implant.  It was a little over a year fighting with them to get permission for it.

I hope your're right.

Sincerely,
Bonnie
Bonnie

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 02:41:30 AM »

My depression has been acting up a bit.  The seasons are already changing here.  The trees are turning colors, and dropping their leaves.  Stangely, this is when my panic and insomnia got worse; so I think it is SAD for sure.  So, I'm back up on my medicine at a higher dose.  Anything now is better than what it was before I had VNS put in; even with the problems I'm having now.  I would rather have the VNS in than not in.

Sincerely,
Bonnie
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: