Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 12 yr old VNS with dead battery causing pain - help?  (Read 2455 times)
Tidefan1365

« on: April 15, 2018, 04:54:58 PM »

I hope everyone is doing well, it's been a long,  long time since I have been here. But in the past, I have always been able to find answers here. I was implanted in Mar 2006. So here 12 years later my battery has been dead for quite a while. It seems like every now and then I do feel it going off, the drawing in my neck and voice change. Over the last few weeks I've been experiencing a burning pain where the device is in my chest. To begin with, I just thought my bra was rubbing under my arm. I would just rub the area which did not relieve the pain. As the pain has worsened, I began to inspect where I thought the pain was coming from. I was wrong! The worst spot of the pain is directly at the stimulator. I am going to call a neurosurgeon tomorrow morning, but was wondering if anyone here has experienced pain at the stimulator?? I tried to do a search for anything on this, but the forum has grown tremendously since 2006!! Grin THAT IS A WONDERFUL THING!!

Thanks for any feedback!
Lori
Birdbomb
Head Cheese
Administrator

Head Cheese

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 06:51:49 AM »

I have a little homework for you. Dennis has categorized the MAUDE Reports to make search so much easier. Start here http://www.vnsmessageboard.com/index.php/board,79.0.html
There are many pages of categories where your symptoms can fall into. One I was thinking of might be deteriorating battery. There can be other reasons only you can make the distinction of your symptoms.  At any rate, IMHO if you are no longer using the vns, it should be remove.  No sense in causing more damage and injury to your body.  My chest is in so much better shape since mine was removed, and besides it was a serious problem for my mammograms.
So glad you have come back to see us Lori! Keep us posted on what happens with you.  Have you see the doctor yet?

"If you are going through hell, keep going." (Sir Winston Churchill, 1874-1965)
VNS implanted Sept 02, turned off Dec 04, Generator ex-planted Nov 07
Electrodes are in me for LIFE!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: