Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: dr wants to do emg to test for neuropathy  (Read 3666 times)
JeanBean

« on: July 13, 2015, 03:00:49 PM »

I have a VNS and may have neuropathy legs/feet and the dr wants to do an EMG test and when I called to set up the appointment they were very concerned that I had a VNS.  This test sends electrical shocks into the muscle/nerves.  Any ideas?  Thanks, Jean
Birdbomb
Head Cheese
Administrator

Head Cheese

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 11:08:45 AM »

Well, Jean I had both upper and lower EMG and nerve conduction tests all in one day.  My neuro was so shocked at my reaction that he didn't even finish the last test on my feet and legs.

I was diagnosed with CIDP.....Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy. It is insidious! I can no longer stand or walk unaided.  My feet and ankles and feet are frozen and painful and my wrist and hands are trying to match them. For more than 6 months I was in a flare so bad I lost muscle tone in both arms and legs.  When I fell in the shower, I could not even get out of the tub, I had to call the fire dept. to help me.  It was the most humiliating thing I have ever gone thru. 

I met a couple in wheel chairs and we compared symptoms.  My complaints were exactly the same as theirs but they had been diagnosed was MS!   CIDP is an auto-immune disorder.  vns can cause auto-immune disorders. I am in  a wheel chair now.  My body is strange and useless  I HATE it!

"If you are going through hell, keep going." (Sir Winston Churchill, 1874-1965)
VNS implanted Sept 02, turned off Dec 04, Generator ex-planted Nov 07
Electrodes are in me for LIFE!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: