Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Well, Had another one.  (Read 5017 times)
Birdbomb
Head Cheese
Administrator

Head Cheese

« on: May 24, 2016, 02:12:06 PM »

No warning, no aura, nothing.  One minute I'm sitting at my desk and then the next I'm crying hysterically in an ambulance totally lost and confused. My son was right next to me when it happened which was a good thing.  He kept me from chocking to death on my own vomit and was able to get me into the recovery position.  My last seizure was about 3 years ago if I remember correctly.  They are getting closer together.  Guess I need to teach my puppy dog to watch for them.
Doctors thought this one was stress related.  My husband's dementia is getting to be really challenging.  He has temper tantrums like a 3 year old and has gotten more physically aggressive.  He twisted my daughters hand so hard that she has a sprained wrist, hand and index finger.  That makes 3 of us sent to the ER. He almost did the same thing to my oldest granddaughter but my son intervened just in time.
The cops refuse to do anything, his shrink doesn't think it's such a big deal either.  It's not like you can spank him and send him to bed without dinner.   AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!! angry
I want to buy a tiny house and move away. 

"If you are going through hell, keep going." (Sir Winston Churchill, 1874-1965)
VNS implanted Sept 02, turned off Dec 04, Generator ex-planted Nov 07
Electrodes are in me for LIFE!
dennis100
Moderators

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 08:25:47 AM »

Sorry about your bad day. Hope things are returning back to normal in your household.
Birdbomb
Head Cheese
Administrator

Head Cheese

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 03:08:07 PM »

Thanks Dennis. It was definitely the easiest recovery I've experienced.  My tongue was bitten but not chewed up.

Bernard
Excelsior!
Global Moderators

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 04:21:21 AM »

Been a long while since I visited the forum here.  Sorry for that.  Life has pulled me in other directions for a good while.  But I was skimming some posts at CWE where folks were talking about the VNS and thought I hadn't heard from BB in too long so here I am to say hello.

Sorry to hear that you are starting to have increasing seizure activity BB.  Also that your DH's dementia is worsening.

A few years ago, I was still invincible.  But I've had really bad issues with my back and now I've realized I'm old and mortal.  Additionally, my parents are having increasing health issues.  The inescapable truth of life is that getting old sucks (especially after you crest that hill).

It sounds like your son is stepping up a bit to help where/when it's needed.  That's a blessing I suppose.

I wish you all the best.

What do you know about neurofeedback?
Check out this chart of alternative epilepsy treatments.
Birdbomb
Head Cheese
Administrator

Head Cheese

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 12:04:29 PM »

Great to hear from you, Bernard! Sorry about the back, guess you get shots like I do. Getting old is definitely not for the weak. Also so sorry to hear about your parents, when mine died only 3 months apart it changed my world and me. I lost interest in everything, just keeping my site up is major chore, but I won't abandoned it.  There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of Daddy and Momma and miss the hell out of them.  Cherish the time you have with them now.

Thanks so much for keeping tabs on us here. By this time next year, the world of medical devices will not be ignored. Things around here will get to be hotter than Friday night at the local cat house. That is all I can say.  Evil

Stick around, the fun will begin in...5...4...3...2...1...

dennis100
Moderators

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2016, 07:37:29 AM »

Yeah, I think you hit the nail on the head with that one BB.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: