Linked Events
  • 8th Anniversary: February 19, 2012
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: VNS Message Board 8 Years old!  (Read 6435 times)
Birdbomb
Head Cheese
Administrator

Head Cheese

« on: February 17, 2012, 03:26:13 PM »

February 18th will be our 8th year of
providing help, support and information on the world wide web!

Birdbomb
Bernard
dennis100
Dispatch
Fay
gel61820
labrat
oreo
Petunia

TO ALL THE MEMBERS AND VISITORS
WHO MAKE THIS SITE POSSIBLE

« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 11:54:33 PM by Birdbomb » Logged

"If you are going through hell, keep going." (Sir Winston Churchill, 1874-1965)
VNS implanted Sept 02, turned off Dec 04, Generator ex-planted Nov 07
Electrodes are in me for LIFE!
Patrick

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 03:57:47 PM »

Happy Birthday. Many more.

Patrick
theathorne

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 06:08:10 PM »

Thank you so much for being there. My disabled son had his VNS removed a little over 2 years ago due to adverse events which I to this day blame on the VNS. It never really helped his seizures and only caused him heart and respiratory problems. Whenever I would tape the magnet over the VNS to shut it off, his symptoms would improve and then worsen once I removed the magnet. I know people that it has helped for their seizure control, but it is just one of those things that different people have different experiences with. I pray that each of you find what is best for you and I always say that everything happens for a purpose:) Happy Birthday to the VNS Message Board!
NancyB

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 08:16:11 PM »

Happy birthday, VNS Message Board; and yet it is I who recieved a gift. Because of you my sister Judy is alive today. For anybody reading this who is visiting this site for the first time, you are in the right place. You will never meet a kinder or more understanding group of people then those who are right here.
catinpas

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 07:16:47 PM »

I got my VNS for 13 years ago, within the first year of first getting seizures.  I first started having seizures after I went into status epilepticus after having encephalitis.  Something which make me believe the VNS is helping me is that when the battery loses it's charge, my seizures get worse.  And when I replace the battery, my seizures get better.  This has happened twice now.  I am ready to get the rechargable battery the next time it loses it's charge.  I also believe it is helping more now since I increased the strength of it when I swipe my magnet.  When I swipe the magnet now I can feel it in my throat, not painfully, which lets me know I swiped it properly.  I also learned not to swipe it more than once a minute which could potentially turn it of instead of increasing it's strength.  I also use it more religiously whenever I have any seizure activity, or an aura.  It has been a long road to learn what seizure activity, or an aura, is to me.  If I do use my magnet, being careful not to swipe it more than once a minute, as well as putting 1.0mg Ativan under my toungue, I do believe I have prevented seizures from happening.  I hope my experiences with the VNS can help somebody.
Tincatt

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 07:27:13 PM »

Hi I am on my 2nd VNS the battery was out on the previous one. It only lasted around 7 years. I didn't know they made one with a rechargable battery.
I am still having seizures which is depressing and I  have been through  about all the drugs there are. I have been through 4 neurologists and looking for another. Oh well that's life I am hanging in there. All the best to this board and everyone on it.
roach4983

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 10:40:53 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VNS BOARD!!!

I have had the VNS since July 2004 (almost 8 years) and since it was turned on in mid August '04, I have had wonderful luck/experience with the VNS. I was able to get completely off medication by November '04, and have had really good seizure control for the last several years from the VNS and 1mg Ativan when I feel one coming on. I had to have my VNS replaced September '09 due to the battery wearing out. Since the VNS I have been able to do many things I was told I would never be able to do/experience, including becoming a mother  Grin THANK YOU VNS!! THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR ALL THE SUPPORT THROUGH THE YEARS!!!
MissJennie

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 12:20:29 PM »

CONGRATS!!!!! Cheesy

Just wanted to say THANK YOU ALL, for being here when I needed someone to listen and believe what I was saying about my troubles with the VNS. Even after removal I still suffer with cramps in my neck and low blood pressure problems, but having you all to come talk to, makes it easier on me!! This site has offered me more support than any doctor I have seen.

THANK YOU FOR BEING SO KIND AND UNDERSTANDING!

Implanted April 2006 for TRD
Explant July 23, 2008, Coil left in Sad
sickforoverhalfoflife

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 04:47:27 PM »

Happy Birthday to the VNS boards. My VNS battery went out in 2010, which was a little over one year after it was implanted. I am praying to find friends and answers on this forum board, but also Happy Birthday to the VNS boards.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: