Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: More VNS Adjustments But Foggyness  (Read 3096 times)
suspender

Mt. Rainier

« on: April 25, 2011, 04:50:54 AM »

I am now coming up to 3 years and 3 months with my vns. Last week a visit to my epileptologist to reduce my vns setting to reduce pain at my left implant site, left jaw, left ear and left neck muscle spasms was successful. The down side is an unwanted fogginess once or twice a day that only slightly goes away if I nap. My seizure activity is up to one or two every day or I may get a day with out a seizure. I guess my biggest concern is the fogginess. The fogginess comes on very suddenly and with out warning and I have to recline or lay down then and there because I fear a seizure. The fogginess causes unclear thinking and I get my words mixed up and then I get very angry with myself. I still know my vns has helped reduced my seizures from 100 a month but now I feel like things are going in the wrong direction. I am becoming P.O. at this entire situation. It's funny how just one week can change my view of things, but it really hasn't been one week, really been over 3 years. I'll get off my soap box. Do I need more naps, should I try more walks? Does anyone have any ides at all? Take care of your selves. Suspender
dennis100
Moderators

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 02:55:29 PM »

Have you had your blood pressure & pulse checked recently? The symptoms you have described could  possibly be cardiac related. A holter monitor might also be a good idea.

Good luck.
suspender

Mt. Rainier

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 07:10:13 PM »

Hey Dennis. I have to watch the blood pressure thing since I monitor my wife's, she feels it is only fair that I check mine also. Mine 30 minutes ago April 25 2011 1208 am was 138/68. Not bad at for a 63 year old man.  I will be eligble for medicare part b in July this year. My doc is really looking forward to the time when I'll have the insurance coverage because there are things like the portable monitor I could use, not to mention more blood labs. The portable monitor determined I was actually having numerous seizures every day. Some of the seizures envolved both sides of my brain. Thanks for the feed back. Suspender
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: