Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Anyone Know A Seattle-Area Surgeon that Has Done VNS Removals?  (Read 4190 times)
ericksmc999

« on: April 10, 2011, 03:51:02 PM »

A few months ago I had part of my VNS removed. The doctor that did the surgery had never done a VNS removal. Since then I have had constant headaches.  I'm scheduled to have another surgery in about a week to remove more or all of the remaining device. Unfortunately it is with the same surgeon. Does anyone live or know of someone in the Seattle, WA area that has experience removing these devices? Thanks so much for any advice you have! 
Dispatch
Riding Shotgun
Global Moderators

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 10:11:39 PM »

Smiley Hey Eric!  Has Cyberonics been of any assistance in locating a surgeon?  Unfortunately, I don't know of anyone in your area to refer you on to.  We've got some Members from the area you're asking about, and I hope they will pass thru soon and see your post.  Keep us updated!

Cool

VNS for TRD implant November, 2006.  Complete device removal including coils April, 2008.

"I reckon it's again my turn to win some or learn some..." Jason Mraz

ALL MY POSTINGS ON THE VNS MESSAGE BOARD ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE
suspender

Mt. Rainier

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 03:11:52 AM »

Hey Eric. I live South of Seattle. I see you need some help. I'll send you what I can and real soon. Suspender. Hang in there!
suspender

Mt. Rainier

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 04:13:13 AM »

Hey Eric.  Sorry to respond twice in the same day. I'm not sure if my email went out. If you received it great, if not let me know, I can always post it. I just don't like posting phone numbers of docs even if the docs numbers are in the phone books and online. I hope all goes well. Stay in touch if you can and lots of luck. Take care of yourself. Suspender
ericksmc999

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 03:32:23 PM »

Thank you guys for your thoughts.  I really appreciate it.  I actually just got a few names from Cyberonics oddly enough and I'm gonna follow up on them next week.  I'll let you all know.
Dispatch
Riding Shotgun
Global Moderators

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 11:02:39 PM »

Smiley Please do keep us updated Eric!  Take care!
Cool

VNS for TRD implant November, 2006.  Complete device removal including coils April, 2008.

"I reckon it's again my turn to win some or learn some..." Jason Mraz

ALL MY POSTINGS ON THE VNS MESSAGE BOARD ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE
Birdbomb
Head Cheese
Administrator

Head Cheese

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 06:46:39 PM »

Matt!  Got an up date for us yet?

"If you are going through hell, keep going." (Sir Winston Churchill, 1874-1965)
VNS implanted Sept 02, turned off Dec 04, Generator ex-planted Nov 07
Electrodes are in me for LIFE!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: