Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: vns  (Read 1247 times)
craig

vns
« on: February 21, 2010, 09:07:46 AM »

hi there i had vns implant last year but it is going to be removed has eny one had this happen to them

dennis100
Moderators

vns
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 10:26:39 AM »

Just wanted to welcome you aboard Craig.

I didn't have any issues with an early EOS but there are members who have had the problem. I'm sure that they will chime in soon.
Dispatch
Riding Shotgun
Global Moderators

vns
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 04:00:08 PM »

:D HI Craig!   :Welcome: to the VNS Message Board!  We hope you have been able to read a lot from other Members who have had their VNS removed.  Glad to have you here, and hope to get to know you better!

I was implanted for Depression in November 2006, and had complete explant (including the coils wrapped around my vagus nerve) in April 2008.  The device was turned off December 2007, and remained off.  I began experiencing high blood pressure while using VNS, and during explant surgery my blood pressure and breathing became a problem.  I stayed in the hospital overnight.

May I ask why you are being explanted?  Why did you have VNS, and what was your experience like such as side effects, and did this treatment help you any?

Please take great care, and hope to hear from you again soon!
B)

:Please Note: Craig:  You started this same topic in another forum, so since this one already was responded to, I deleted the other one.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 04:03:39 PM by Dispatch » Logged

VNS for TRD implant November, 2006.  Complete device removal including coils April, 2008.

"I reckon it's again my turn to win some or learn some..." Jason Mraz

ALL MY POSTINGS ON THE VNS MESSAGE BOARD ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE
Petunia
Moderators

vns
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 12:49:37 PM »

Hi Craig Welcome!

I see you have already gotten a couple responses but I thought I would tell you my story.
I have my VNS put in, in Feb of 2003 it was turned off within six months and taken out in Feb. of 3004.

My coils and wires are still in me I couldn't find anybody that was willing to take everything out.

The VNS made my seizures worse, but that was only the start. I had facial pain, ear pain, neck pain. Pain that ran down my left arm. It still happens at times but over the years has gotten a lot better. I did spend a few years there in a lot of pain.

Hope all goes well in your quest to have your VNS removed. Please let us know if there is anything we can help you with.  

Complex Partical seizures since age 12. Right lobectomy in 1992, VNS Feb. 2003, removed Feb. 2004. I'll just keep trying.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: