Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Quick Questions  (Read 3762 times)
Kara U.
« on: November 05, 2009, 03:07:29 PM »

I have just a few quick questions.  I have had my VNS for two years for intractable seizures.  I am currently at a setting of 2.5 on for a minute off for a minute with a 3.0 for magnet response.  I was just wondering if this is a normal setting.  I am expected to get a replacement next summer due to battery depletion.  It seams awfully soon to already need a new one.  I was also wondering if it was normal to hum while sleeping, and if anyone has a suggestion on how to make it stop.
Dispatch
Riding Shotgun
Global Moderators

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 04:12:52 PM »

:D HI Kara!  On behalf of everyone here at the VNS Message Board  :Welcome: the the board!  I encourage you to become a registered Member so you can take full advantage of all the board has to offer.

It is not unusual for your battery to depleat at the settings you are currently at.  If the 2.75 miliamp setting is theraputic for you, then it would be a good setting for you.  Another Member named Labrat who was implanted for depression has a high setting as well and has had her battery (the whole generator) replaced.

I never had any experience with humming, so can't give you any suggestions regarding that.  Hopefully another Member will be able to assist with that question.

Again, please register to become a Member and we look forward to hearing from you again soon!

Take care!
B)

VNS for TRD implant November, 2006.  Complete device removal including coils April, 2008.

"I reckon it's again my turn to win some or learn some..." Jason Mraz

ALL MY POSTINGS ON THE VNS MESSAGE BOARD ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: