Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is it worth getting a VNS?  (Read 4546 times)
GUEST-mel
« on: August 31, 2009, 05:55:36 PM »

I am trying to decide whether I should get a VNS or not.  For all of you that have one, what are you thoughts about it?  Has it helped your seizures much?  Do you think it's worth getting?  Have you been able to go down on the amount of medicine you take?  Are there many side effects.  Is it very painful?  Does it take very long to recover from the surgery?  Are there more positive things about it than negative?

Any opinions, thoughts, or experiences would be helpful :)
Dispatch
Riding Shotgun
Global Moderators

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 09:38:24 PM »

:D HI Mel and  :Welcome: to the VNS Message Board!  I want to encourage you to register and become a Member of the board so you can take full advantage of all it has to offer.

You have lots of good questions, and some Members would rather discuss their experiences about VNS in the Members Only sections.  Once you go thru the registration process, I know your questions will be answered, so please do register.

Thanks a bunch and hope to hear from you soon!
B)

VNS for TRD implant November, 2006.  Complete device removal including coils April, 2008.

"I reckon it's again my turn to win some or learn some..." Jason Mraz

ALL MY POSTINGS ON THE VNS MESSAGE BOARD ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE
Bernard
Excelsior!
Global Moderators

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 01:11:20 AM »

Hi mel, you will find answers to most of your questions are already covered here in the forum.  You might need to register in order to see all of the forum rooms/posts.

What do you know about neurofeedback?
Check out this chart of alternative epilepsy treatments.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: