Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: VNS since 2001  (Read 4467 times)
brookemiranda

« on: August 24, 2009, 06:18:59 PM »

I recently had my VNS removed due to an infection when it was being replaced due to the battery dying.  I initially had it implanted in 2001, replaced in 2004 when the battery died and again in 2009.  The VNS has been great for me.  Except for the latest infection, it has completely controlled my seizures and I don't need any meds.  I also don't have any side effects except for a hoarse voice when it goes off, but that has gotten better over time.  Would love to hear from other people who have had success with VNS since most of the posts hear seem to be about people having complications......
Dispatch
Riding Shotgun
Global Moderators

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 01:30:22 AM »

:D HI brookemiranda!

On behalf of all of us at the VNS Message Board  :Welcome: and so glad you joined us!

Although I am not one of those who had success with VNS, I still wanted to welcome you, and invite you to participate!  I see you are now a Member and have more access to topics, so please look further into the board and you will find success stories of people with VNS for seizures and depression.  We are a pretty diverse group here.  

A lot of the times when people get well, they just simply move on to enjoy life, and a lot of times when things are going bad is when people reach out on message boards to find answers, suggestions, and hope.  We wish we heard more success stories, and hope we have new Members such as yourself come along and tell us about their success.  It does give people hope and put smiles on our faces to hear something good about this form of treatment. :)

Were you re-implanted?  I am sorry to hear about your infection, and hope it is under control.

It's good to hear from you, and look forward to hearing from you again.  Until then, take good care!

B)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 01:35:25 AM by Dispatch » Logged

VNS for TRD implant November, 2006.  Complete device removal including coils April, 2008.

"I reckon it's again my turn to win some or learn some..." Jason Mraz

ALL MY POSTINGS ON THE VNS MESSAGE BOARD ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE
labrat
Global Moderators

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 01:04:34 PM »

Glad you have had success I have too!

Mom from Holland

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 07:42:29 AM »

Hi Brookemiranda,

My son has a great benefit from vns too.
It reduced his seizures for > 50 %.
He is more wakeup, more alert and is a joyfull and happy kid, although he is mutiple disabled.
He got vns in novmber 2002, and got the second february 2008.

I`m sorry to hear from your infection.
I hope all will become well again.
Would you keep us update?

Success!

Life isn`t how to survive the storm,but how to dance in the rain!

Nino`s Mom, from Holland.
 Mom of a 16 years old son, vns since 2002.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: