Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NEW DRUG  (Read 8713 times)
Birdbomb
Head Cheese
Administrator

Head Cheese

« on: May 13, 2009, 05:33:22 PM »

CLICK ME  for link!

[span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\']Popular Cheerios cereal is a 'drug': U.S. FDA

WASHINGTON

"If you are going through hell, keep going." (Sir Winston Churchill, 1874-1965)
VNS implanted Sept 02, turned off Dec 04, Generator ex-planted Nov 07
Electrodes are in me for LIFE!
dennis100
Moderators

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 11:20:41 PM »

This boondoggle makes me[/color] RAGE on so many different levels!  
FDA better make sure EVERY item we put in our bodies should be so scrutinized.  How many people have DIED from eating Cheerios?
How many people had such adverse reactions that they will NEVER have a normal life?
I totally agree with you Birdbomb.

Here they are wasting precious time and resources hassling General Mills over the labeling of Cheerios. If someone eats Cheerios every morning would that person be considered a drug addict ?

Dispatch
Riding Shotgun
Global Moderators

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 01:29:17 AM »

<_< I was shaking my head listening to the news regarding this issue.

I really think the FDA should have better things to do regarding labeling of a product ***umhum Cyberonics*** versus hassling General Mills.

I too would like to know who has had adverse events and serious side effects by eating Cheerios?

I'm with you guys, this is soooo ridiculous.

B)

VNS for TRD implant November, 2006.  Complete device removal including coils April, 2008.

"I reckon it's again my turn to win some or learn some..." Jason Mraz

ALL MY POSTINGS ON THE VNS MESSAGE BOARD ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE
Birdbomb
Head Cheese
Administrator

Head Cheese

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 04:52:50 AM »

Cheerios is my all time favorite cereal if I had to choose only one ceral to eat for the rest of my life, it would be Cheerios, they are just so darn tasty!  So by this new anally motivated labeling, I guess that makes me a junkie.  

I understand the reasoning behind the "TRUTH IN ADVERTISING" and if the FDA wants to go on a witch hunt then so be it, but let's not allow them to pick and choose about it.  If they are going to enforce correct product labeling then it has to enforced on ALL products, especially on products that have potential to maim or kill.

Cheerios never caused psychosis, seizures, heart stoppages, nerve damage, yet the VNS has and Cyberonics seems to just slide under the radar way too many times.

[dohtml]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aX7I4p29h4w&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aX7I4p29h4w&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/dohtml]

"If you are going through hell, keep going." (Sir Winston Churchill, 1874-1965)
VNS implanted Sept 02, turned off Dec 04, Generator ex-planted Nov 07
Electrodes are in me for LIFE!
Dispatch
Riding Shotgun
Global Moderators

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 08:43:06 PM »

:ROFLMAO:

I guess since I am a Cheerios eater, I am a junkie too.

B)

VNS for TRD implant November, 2006.  Complete device removal including coils April, 2008.

Petunia
Moderators

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 12:42:19 AM »

Hell what about all our children!!! Isn't it the first finger food we ALL feed our children. LOL

Complex Partical seizures since age 12. Right lobectomy in 1992, VNS Feb. 2003, removed Feb. 2004. I'll just keep trying.
labrat
Global Moderators

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 09:28:52 AM »

It was the first finger food I gave my three kids.

Bernard
Excelsior!
Global Moderators

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 02:33:47 AM »

The FDA is not claiming that Cheerios are bad for anyone or even that Gen. Mills health claims for it are invalid.  They are merely saying that marketing foods for their health benefits is verboten.  You can be sure that big pharma doesn't want to allow a precedent where real food competes with their products.

What do you know about neurofeedback?
Check out this chart of alternative epilepsy treatments.
Dispatch
Riding Shotgun
Global Moderators

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 08:21:50 PM »

You can be sure that big pharma doesn't want to allow a precedent where real food competes with their products.
 :D

:Yeah That:

B)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: