Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lets stop it all  (Read 2981 times)
amyclancy

« on: December 27, 2009, 02:15:13 AM »

Hi all, I thank everyone who has helped me on this site. I came on a monthor so ago freaking out, thought I was dying. Now that I am turned off, feeling well, I have been reading more and more of everyones posts. So what are we doing? I am going to talk to a lawyer, but 1 person, 1 lawyer doesnt do anything. Can we all start writing letters. All at once might wake someone up. And continuosly. So Dennis100 you I think know who to write, where to go. So lets do it. Dennis100 can you give some thoughts??
Dispatch
Riding Shotgun
Global Moderators

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 04:16:12 AM »

:D HI Amy!

So glad to hear you are feeling better since your VNS was turned off!

Please go thru the whole Legislative & Activism forum for info on who to write letters to.  Certain agencies like the US Dept. of Health & Human Services, your local Congressman, state Senators, the Senate Finance Committee, & the FDA (just to mention a few) are good starters.

In my opinion, it doesn't matter if these agencies recieve a letter here and there, or are flooded with letters at one time.  If many people write regarding the same issues, eventually voices will be heard.

I completely get it that VNS caused you harm, and I truly sympathize & empathize with you.  I understand a person wanting the company shut down.  But, in a realistic point of view, if Cyberonics is shut down, what about the people who are implanted still, and those who have had success with VNS?  With this in mind, I strongly advocate for sanctions against Cyberonics for false marketing and not fully disclosing the potential harm, as well as the FDA holding them responsible for all they have not followed thru with regarding the conditions for the pre-market approval of VNS.  I also strongly advocate for Dept. of Justice regualtion, which they are another agency you can approach.

Take care!
B)

VNS for TRD implant November, 2006.  Complete device removal including coils April, 2008.

"I reckon it's again my turn to win some or learn some..." Jason Mraz

ALL MY POSTINGS ON THE VNS MESSAGE BOARD ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: