Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: VNS causing breathing noise while sleeping  (Read 3914 times)
dcortright

« on: February 15, 2009, 10:52:06 AM »

Our son makes a loud noise while he breathing during sleep.  Has
anyone else with a VNS experienced this and have you been able to
solve it?
Dave
Dispatch
Riding Shotgun
Global Moderators

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 02:45:42 PM »

:D HI Dave &  :Welcome: to the VNS Message Board!  We're glad you joined us!

Myself and another Moderator responded to your original post in the Guest Forum.  I hope you were able to read what we wrote.

It is not uncommon for people with VNS to develop sleep apnea (breathing difficulties while sleeping) & have problems sleeping.  This is something you should talk over with your son's doctor-you want to make sure he is getting adequate oxygen supply while he is sleeping.  The vagus nerve is responsible in helping regulate quite a few vital things in your body including the respiratory system.  From the main page of the board you can access the Patient & Physicians manuals (if you haven't already received the manual), and it states in those that sleep apnea is a possible known side effect.  Patients and/or their caregivers aren't often given the manuals until after implant.

Plese keep us updated on how things are going.  We look forward to learning more about you & your son, and hope for a quick resolve to the situation.

Take care!
B)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 03:06:35 PM by Dispatch » Logged

VNS for TRD implant November, 2006.  Complete device removal including coils April, 2008.

"I reckon it's again my turn to win some or learn some..." Jason Mraz

ALL MY POSTINGS ON THE VNS MESSAGE BOARD ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: