Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pfizer Manipulated Studies  (Read 4937 times)
Birdbomb
Head Cheese
Administrator

Head Cheese

« on: October 10, 2008, 05:50:43 AM »

Experts Conclude Pfizer Manipulated Studies [/size]

SOURCE

[span style=\'color:green\']The drug maker Pfizer earlier this decade manipulated the publication of scientific studies to bolster the use of its epilepsy drug Neurontin for other disorders, while suppressing research that did not support those uses, according to experts who reviewed thousands of company documents for plaintiffs in a lawsuit against the company.

Pfizer

"If you are going through hell, keep going." (Sir Winston Churchill, 1874-1965)
VNS implanted Sept 02, turned off Dec 04, Generator ex-planted Nov 07
Electrodes are in me for LIFE!
gel61820
Moderators

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 06:53:56 AM »

For some strange reason I am NOT surprised!  I think alot of research studies, while listed as "independent", are not that and are manipulated to the benefit of the manufacturer.

Thanks for posting, BB!

Hugs,
Cindy

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Ralph Waldo Emerson

VNS implanted July 2007 for Epilepsy.  Activated August 2007.  No success, so VNS was turned off in August 2008 and COMPLETELY removed (including coils) on Nov 25, 2008.
Dispatch
Riding Shotgun
Global Moderators

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 03:27:53 PM »

:Yeah That: Neurontin is a strange drug.  I took it for a short time and the disorientation was awful.  I didn't know much around me while taking it and was not functional.  My body does not like meds and Neurontin is one of them.

Dispatch B)

VNS for TRD implant November, 2006.  Complete device removal including coils April, 2008.

"I reckon it's again my turn to win some or learn some..." Jason Mraz

ALL MY POSTINGS ON THE VNS MESSAGE BOARD ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE
oreo
Moderators

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 07:56:55 AM »

When I participated in an 8 month inpatient clinical trial at the National Institute of health...I took Neurontin for 3 months.  When I was discharged...I was taking multiple meds, one of them Neurontin and I was prescribed ELEVEN per day.

NIH at that time was "pushing the envelope"...feeling that huge doses would benefit patients with bipolar disorder.  Anyway...after several months at home...Neurontin went down the toilet like most meds I've tried.

For the most part, even if pharmaceutical companies say they are trying to help patients...as you know, they're primarily an industry that has the potential of making lots of people, lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

The most successful people are those who are good at plan B.
~James Yorke~
gel61820
Moderators

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 08:01:52 AM »

Amen, Sister!!!

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Ralph Waldo Emerson

VNS implanted July 2007 for Epilepsy.  Activated August 2007.  No success, so VNS was turned off in August 2008 and COMPLETELY removed (including coils) on Nov 25, 2008.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: