Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: In one week  (Read 6151 times)
DoulaMomma

« on: July 02, 2008, 04:02:38 PM »

Well... after a LONG run around (changing hospitals AND surgeons) Bo will have the newer model 103 implanted next Wednesday. He will also be kept overnight for observation. The team that is working with him now has been very thorough and I am much more confident in the people we are working with now. Of course I still go back and forth about this decision (as I would hope anyone would, it is not something to be taken lightly) but my family and I have decided this is the right thing to do for Bo.

I have appreciated all of the guidance. There are a lot of things I would not have asked about if it weren't for you guys.  :Thanx:

Karen
oreo
Moderators

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 10:21:26 PM »

Hi Karen,

Bo and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I know you had extremely difficult decisions to make in choosing this for Bo.  If his outcome is beneficial and he gets improvement you will be so relieved.  If there are any challenges, you have educated yourself well and will recognize problems and know that other tough decisions may be in your future.

We will all be looking forward to hearing from you!  We're here to celebrate and to listen.

The most successful people are those who are good at plan B.
~James Yorke~
Dispatch
Riding Shotgun
Global Moderators

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 01:38:38 AM »

:D HI Karen!

I am thinking about Bo, you, and your family, and I wish you all great success with the VNS.  I am sure it was a decision that was difficult to make.  Please keep us updated.  It will be nice to hear if he has great success, and we are here for you in good and bad.

Dispatch B)  
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 01:39:17 AM by Dispatch » Logged

VNS for TRD implant November, 2006.  Complete device removal including coils April, 2008.

"I reckon it's again my turn to win some or learn some..." Jason Mraz

ALL MY POSTINGS ON THE VNS MESSAGE BOARD ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE
Birdbomb
Head Cheese
Administrator

Head Cheese

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 05:10:30 AM »

I know how hard a decision it is to make for myself so making this choice for another is even harder.  We all are hoping for the best and we will be here for support.  Please keep us up to date.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." (Sir Winston Churchill, 1874-1965)
VNS implanted Sept 02, turned off Dec 04, Generator ex-planted Nov 07
Electrodes are in me for LIFE!
gel61820
Moderators

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 11:11:39 AM »

Hi Karen,

My prayers will be with Bo and your family next week.  I understand still going back and forth, I was doing that up until I was in the operating room!  I am glad you are comfortable with the surgeon and are getting the newest model.  Please keep us posted how Bo does through the surgery.

Hugs,
Cindy

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Ralph Waldo Emerson

VNS implanted July 2007 for Epilepsy.  Activated August 2007.  No success, so VNS was turned off in August 2008 and COMPLETELY removed (including coils) on Nov 25, 2008.
labrat
Global Moderators

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 08:12:42 AM »

How is Bo doing? Keep us posted.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: