Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Proceed to next Level  (Read 7924 times)
Keith

« on: April 21, 2008, 11:26:24 AM »

To the friends of the VNS Message Board

The folling is the response that I received from my Senator.

Thank you for contacting my office regarding your concern.

I appreciate your taking the time to bring your views on this important matter to my attention. As a United States Senator, it is essential that I be kept fully informed on the issues of concern to my constituents. Be assured that I will keep your thoughts on this issue in mind as the Senate considers future legislation. If you have any further questions on this issue or any related issue, please visit my website, http://specter.senate.gov.

Sincerely,

Arlen Specter  

I don
MissJennie

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 11:41:26 AM »

Keith,

This is just GREAT! I am so glad I found this site. The people here are soooo supportive.
You can use anything I have posted. If you need more, let me know.

After I see the throat doctor on the 28th, I will know if my next step is to see an attorney. If I can not sue Cyber, than I will go after the doctor that implanted me.

This is all very frightening, not knowing what is going on in my neck, with my body!!!

Thanks for your hard work,
Jennie

Implanted April 2006 for TRD
Explant July 23, 2008, Coil left in Sad
Birdbomb
Head Cheese
Administrator

Head Cheese

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 12:25:55 PM »

Keith, I am so impressed with your efforts this thread will become the mantra!

I just want to stess on thing of importance.

THIS IS NOT A WITCH HUNT AGAINST CYBERONICS

It's about companies taking responibilitiy when they market and sell their product as deceptively as this company apparently has.  Many members, myself included, have stated, had they known BEFOREHAND the side effects and other pertenant information, they would have never had it implanted.  When you get a prescription filled, you get the full known medical information sheet before you even open that bottle, but not with VNS.  It's not until it's implanted that you get the patient manual and even then only a handful of side effects are listed.

Since Cyberonics updated their website, it's very difficult to even FIND a factual and full disclosure of side effects unless the Physician's Manual is downloaded.  And even THAT list is written in very gerneralized terms.  

WE WILL DO WHAT WE HAVE TO DO
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 12:27:54 PM by Birdbomb » Logged

"If you are going through hell, keep going." (Sir Winston Churchill, 1874-1965)
VNS implanted Sept 02, turned off Dec 04, Generator ex-planted Nov 07
Electrodes are in me for LIFE!
dennis100
Moderators

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 01:20:47 PM »

Fantastic idea !!!

Feel free to use the story of my encounter with the VNS.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 01:30:08 PM by dennis100 » Logged
Dispatch
Riding Shotgun
Global Moderators

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 01:48:44 PM »

:bigarmhug: You go Keith!  And you are very welcome!  Thanks for you and your wife becoming a very important part of my life!  All of you on this site are very important to me.  Keith, please feel free to use anything I have put on this site, or if you'd prefer, I can type something up, scan it, and e-mail it to you.  Just let me know what you'd like and what is easiest for you.  Kuddo's to you Keith!

Dispatch

VNS for TRD implant November, 2006.  Complete device removal including coils April, 2008.

"I reckon it's again my turn to win some or learn some..." Jason Mraz

ALL MY POSTINGS ON THE VNS MESSAGE BOARD ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE
onyx777

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 08:58:12 AM »

I am so thankful for this website.  I felt so alone for so long! I'll do whatever it takes to get some JUSTICE for us all. :bigarmhug:  
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: