Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Guest Postingwhy would I have pain where the vns is  (Read 10205 times)
trish
« on: April 21, 2008, 11:00:59 AM »

Today it is poring raining the weather has never bother the vns before so don't know if it is that. IN 2003 I had the vns implated for seizures. I have like a tighting and I have h had to grab it today  it hurts right under the collar bone  so I know that is where the vns is it is more like a muscular ache so it doesn't make sense to me anyone ever had this after having it ths long with no problems is kind of strange. thanks for any response.
Birdbomb
Head Cheese
Administrator

Head Cheese

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 09:18:24 PM »

We aren't doctors so we don't diagnose, but we can relate our own experiances.

Every time the weather changes, I have pain. Pain where the generator sits, pain along the leads, pain in the neck, jaw, face, teeth, left side of my head, and shoulder.  Even now 4 months after the removal, the pain is still present.  From my understanding it has to do with adheasions (scar tissue)

It may be wise to have your unit interrogated to rule out a lead impedance.  That may cause a sharp painful episode.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 06:52:36 AM by labrat » Logged

"If you are going through hell, keep going." (Sir Winston Churchill, 1874-1965)
VNS implanted Sept 02, turned off Dec 04, Generator ex-planted Nov 07
Electrodes are in me for LIFE!
gel61820
Moderators

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 12:24:49 PM »

Hi Trish,

As BB stated, we are not medical professionals but I hope you have called your doctor to get in to get it interrogated.  This does not sound like a good thing to be happening.

Let us know what you find out and how you are doing.

Hugs,
Cindy

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Ralph Waldo Emerson

VNS implanted July 2007 for Epilepsy.  Activated August 2007.  No success, so VNS was turned off in August 2008 and COMPLETELY removed (including coils) on Nov 25, 2008.
trish
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 10:48:49 AM »

Thanks all for your reply >have an appt the beginning of May will ask then.Sorry didnt get back sooner lost the forum found it again and bookmark. :rolleyes:  
labrat
Global Moderators

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 06:54:33 AM »

You don't need to loose us! Keep us posted! :rolleyes:

Bernard
Excelsior!
Global Moderators

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 01:08:13 AM »

FWIW: somatically based motoric responses
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 01:09:33 AM by Bernard » Logged

What do you know about neurofeedback?
Check out this chart of alternative epilepsy treatments.
labrat
Global Moderators

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 05:46:16 AM »

Huh??????????????????

Bernard
Excelsior!
Global Moderators

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 06:58:01 AM »

In response to threat and injury, animals, including humans, execute biologically based, non-conscious action patterns that prepare them to meet the threat and defend themselves. ... When threatened or injured, organisms draw from a ''library'' of possible motoric responses supported by adjustments in the autonomic and visceral nervous systems. In response to threat and injury we orient, dodge, duck, stiffen, brace, retract, fight, flee, freeze, collapse, etc. All of these coordinated responses are somatically based-they are things that the body does to protect and defend itself. It is when these orienting and defending responses are overwhelmed that we see trauma.

It's possible that the body physically reacts to lightening in manner that causes the VNS implant to cause pain (ie. musle tightening).  These are unconscious stress responses.

What do you know about neurofeedback?
Check out this chart of alternative epilepsy treatments.
labrat
Global Moderators

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 10:22:42 AM »

Thank you Bernard!

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 12:12:06 AM »

the neuro did say it was scar tissue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: