Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: VNS Surgery  (Read 4559 times)
David C
« on: January 03, 2008, 08:46:44 AM »

That's right, I will be sixty in days and have had seizures for 3 plus years. The meds are an on and off sort of thing with no reliable seizure control so now I don't drive or work. My doctor is great and has reduced my seizures down to 30 or so a month. She is very serious about :huh:  this VNS so on January 7 2008 we meet & set up time w/surgeon. The issue I have is the VNS has such a mixed track record of sucess and possible side effects. The side effects I read about [from literature] and the ones I see one some sites vary more than just a little. Please, I NEED YOUR FEED BACK from those who have really been there. Thank you. David c
Birdbomb
Head Cheese
Administrator

Head Cheese

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 01:09:41 PM »

Hello David

There are many people here with every different kind of reaction to VNS that you could think possible.  Why not sign up and read the private forums for a more intimate look into personal histories.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." (Sir Winston Churchill, 1874-1965)
VNS implanted Sept 02, turned off Dec 04, Generator ex-planted Nov 07
Electrodes are in me for LIFE!
Fay
Moderators

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 02:14:08 PM »

I agree 100%. Plus you can even read the 4 manuals from Cyberonics that tells you about all the possible side effects. One VNS manual is for the patient with Epilespy, one manual is for the doctor that implants the VNS in epilespy patients, one manual is for VNS patients who have treatment resistant depression and the 4th VNS manual is for the doctor that implants the VNS into treatment resistant depression patients. All 4 manual have different lists of possible side effects although the VNS is implanted in exactly the same way for both conditions. Joining the board allows you to read EVERYTHING- both the good and the bad about it and it includes a direct link to the source of information so that you know exactly where the information came from  and will know it isn't just hearsay or the wrong information. There are lots of people here that will answer any questions that might have too and will help you in any way they can. Fay- Scott's Mom in Georgia, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: