Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Does anyone watch the stock?  (Read 5982 times)
Birdbomb
Head Cheese
Administrator

Head Cheese

« on: July 31, 2007, 02:39:57 AM »

CYBX = Cyberonics call letters on the Nasdaq

I do not own any stocks, never have, not in any company, but I like to keep an eye on CYBX.  IMHO the stock market defines the health of a company.  Keeping that in mind, the health of CYBX looks to be in some kind of finale stage.

This chart shows the activity for the past 2 years.  Since VNS recieved approval for TRD this stock has progressively dropped.  Most of the upswings were in antisipation of major changes and events, ie...FDA aproval, new BOD, new CEO.  

The targeted TRD market never panned out and there is much speculation and blamed at different areas because of this.  Bad management, jumping the gun, major carriers decision of not to remburse, bad new management.

I think this company is in dire predicterment.  I am now also hearing form VNS patients who are having issues with CYBX and their lack of follow-up even in the initial marketing presentations. ( I will leave you to speculate the details)

Any thoughts on this??  

"If you are going through hell, keep going." (Sir Winston Churchill, 1874-1965)
VNS implanted Sept 02, turned off Dec 04, Generator ex-planted Nov 07
Electrodes are in me for LIFE!
Bernard
Excelsior!
Global Moderators

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 06:35:47 AM »

I am now also hearing form VNS patients who are having issues with CYBX and their lack of follow-up even in the initial marketing presentations.

If this is true and endemic, the company is shooting itself in the foot.  

What do you know about neurofeedback?
Check out this chart of alternative epilepsy treatments.
Andrew

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 08:17:10 PM »

So what happens to those whose VNS need replacing if Cyberonics go out of business?

A Library is Thought in Cold Storage
Castle Postcards & Prints
Castle Duncan

Catch me if you can.
Find the First Aid kit if you can't.
Birdbomb
Head Cheese
Administrator

Head Cheese

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 09:19:07 PM »

Well there is spectulation of a few senerios.  

1. the company will get bought up.  
2. the exclusive patent will be up in another year or two and then other companies can produce it
3 a restructure of the present situation may work to their benifit.

At any rate it doesn't look too good at the moment.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." (Sir Winston Churchill, 1874-1965)
VNS implanted Sept 02, turned off Dec 04, Generator ex-planted Nov 07
Electrodes are in me for LIFE!
second gen

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 02:54:59 AM »

You're taking a snapshot of just the last 2 years.  If you look, CYBX stock, since it's inception, has had ups and downs all along.  It spiked when it was introduced for Depression, but I think if you look at all companies in general, whenever there is a new release of a product, you'll get that.  There are several times in it's history that the shares have been in the $30-40 range, and then back into the $20's or even lower.

I wouldn't worry that CYBX is going to go under just yet.

Go to Google Finance where you can look at their history by dragging a slider bar underneath the chart and watch as the stock price rises and falls all the way back to 1993.  You'll see, it's just like a rollercoaster.  At one point, you could get shares for $8.  Wish I had the scrilla back then.  :spiteful:   Self serving?  Sure, but I could be paying for my days off when I still feel like hell right now.  B)

edit to add:  I'm not defending CYBX at all. Just saying, I don't think there's any reason to sound the alarm bells.  I got enough to worry about.  
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 03:03:29 AM by second gen » Logged

[span style=\'color:purple\']
labrat
Global Moderators

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 03:58:58 AM »

It's not just Cyberonics. Stocks as a whole have gone down. Look at the housing situation. My brother owns several banks  around the Atlanta area and he said all the banks aren't doing as good.

Like Birdbomb said, there is talk of it being bought out. One can only hope a new company would handle things better.

Labrat   :im_033:  ; bee ;  

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: