Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: injuryboard.com  (Read 7769 times)
Birdbomb
Head Cheese
Administrator

Head Cheese

« on: February 08, 2006, 08:30:43 PM »

www.injuryboard.com[/b][/url]

In March 2001, the FDA sent a warning letter to Cyberonics after receiving reports of 83 deaths and dozens of infections linked to the NeuroCybernetic Prosthesis System. In the letter, the FDA accused the company of improperly reporting and recording the adverse events and of failing to investigate the cause of the deaths.

If you have suffered injuries due to the NeuroCybernetic Prosthesis System, it may be important to contact an attorney who can help you protect your legal rights. Please keep in mind that there may be time limits within which you must commence suit.

Attorneys associated with InjuryBoard.com will evaluate your case free of charge. In addition, you will not pay any fees unless your attorney recovers money for you. [/size]

"If you are going through hell, keep going." (Sir Winston Churchill, 1874-1965)
VNS implanted Sept 02, turned off Dec 04, Generator ex-planted Nov 07
Electrodes are in me for LIFE!
Target
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 06:02:10 AM »

If you click on the tab that says "Firm Search"  it will locate firms in your area.

I assume this is where the class action suits will begin....

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint."
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
Arthur
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 01:32:42 PM »

If you click on the tab that says "Firm Search"  it will locate firms in your area.

I assume this is where the class action suits will begin....
   The relatively low numbers of potential plaintiffs and the likely dissimilarities of  facts among the group of potential plaintiffs would appear to disqualify this from attaining class action status. Absent class action status, which is determined by a judge, each plaintiff must file a separate action and have a separate trial. Nonetheless, it is probable that some survivors of the deceased patients will file suit. In today's hyperlitigious society, this is just a "cost of doing business" for any company that manufactures medical appliances or medications, however good their product might be.
    The infections are another matter, and would appear to be a legal problem for the surgeons who did the implants and the hospitals where the implants were done rather than Cyberonics. Infection rates in many hospitals are unacceptably high for practically any surgical procedure.  
charlac18

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 12:59:34 AM »

:wallbash: So where do you go next??? You are right there probably are not enough patients that will be able to file a class action suit.. I know I took a chance when I had the device implanted.  But all you want is a better quality of life and I took that chance.  But the last year has been the  worst of my life..I feel like if it weren't for the fact of a faulty lead /device. I had a taste of what life is like having decreased seizures, feeling better because my meds were decreased . Now the seizure activity is worse, meds dont work as well, As I again say What do you do next??    By the way I left a message with the injury board several months ago with no reply. So I have again sent another message
Bernard
Excelsior!
Global Moderators

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 04:29:04 AM »

So where do you go next???
I've made a chart of all the alternative treaments that I know of.  Maybe you will find something helpful there.

What do you know about neurofeedback?
Check out this chart of alternative epilepsy treatments.
POSITIVEPERSON

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 01:33:17 PM »

I have had great results with homeapathy treatment. I am on 1/2
mysoline every day and my homepathy med every other day.

You can check out homepathy treatment on line and at the library.

Riva

Riva (POSITIVEPERSON) passed away October 26, 2007
We all mourn the loss of this wonderful lady.
nancyjohack

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 02:46:12 PM »

:wallbash: So where do you go next??? You are right there probably are not enough patients that will be able to file a class action suit.. I know I took a chance when I had the device implanted.  But all you want is a better quality of life and I took that chance.  But the last year has been the  worst of my life..I feel like if it weren't for the fact of a faulty lead /device. I had a taste of what life is like having decreased seizures, feeling better because my meds were decreased . Now the seizure activity is worse, meds dont work as well, As I again say What do you do next??    By the way I left a message with the injury board several months ago with no reply. So I have again sent another message
hi- new to site- just wanted to hear more about your history with VNS....our 20 yr old son's history sounds familiar...  But. we are in the midst of trying to find the best option for him...after many years of many meds, a trip to Mayo, not a candidate for resection, we finally chose to have the VNS implanted- also taking 1250 of Keppra and 625 of Depakote.  5 mos. after implant we have seen a increase in seizure activity and digression...we are now moving to higher level amps w/implant and, changing to Topomax...hopeful... (not familiar with injury board- what was the problem???)  
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: